Thursday, September 01, 2005
All this shit is really, really fucked up.
If you can, please donate. The saddest part about this is that the most affected are the poor, those who didn't have the means to get out of the city when the mandate for evacuation came down. So if possible, send a couple of bucks. Because this shit is just crazy.
In related news, here are the headlines on CNN.com right now. Check out that last one.
• CNN Exclusive: Chaos at convention center
• Bush tells victims: 'A lot of help coming'
• CNN/Money: Bush: 'Zero tolerance' on gouging
• Town wiped off the map by Katrina
• Spain MP among stranded in New Orleans
• Federal rescue teams arriving
• Katrina's effects at a glance
• Americans opening spare rooms to evacuees
• 'Pretty devastating out there'
• Networks unite for fundraisers
• Harry Connick Jr.: N.O. residents 'strong'
• Iraq mourns stampede victims
• Redesigned Honda Civic introduced
Thought I've been waiting for months and months to finally see this new Honda Civic that I've been hearing about, I just don't think I'm going to check it out today.
At least Louis Farrakhan is helping out. According to www.philly.com:
Speaking to a large crowd in South Philadelphia last night, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan suggested that the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina was divine punishment for the violence America had inflicted on Iraq.What a class act. The lowest level of hell is reserved for those who exploit tragedy to serve their own antagonistic and/or hateful agendas. So I'll see you there, Louie.
"New Orleans is the first of the cities going to tumble down... unless America changes its course," Farrakhan said.
"It is the wickedness of the people of America and the government of America that is bringing the wrath of God down," he told several hundred people at Tinsley Temple United Methodist Church.
His remarks were enthusiastically received.
Because I am incapable of any serious discussion or writing, for further reading please see Ace Cowboy's take. Otherwise, we were return to our regularly scheduled idiocy tomorrow. Good luck and godspeed to everybody.