Everything is wrong with me
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
 
now THAT is fucking journalism
Following up on my previous post, the following lead comes from an article on philly.com. Though the headline of the article is a lame "Goode kin held in attack" (referring to former Philly mayor Wilson Goode), check out the opening:

Riding a high from heroin, Xanax and crack cocaine, James Goode, nephew of former Mayor Wilson Goode, allegedly smacked around a naked woman strapped to a chair and hit her in the head with a hammer.
Now that's how you grab your readers. Heroin, Xanax, crack cocaine, smacked, naked woman, strapped, hit, and hammer are all awesomely descriptive words. I mean, how can you not keep reading? Please read the article. It's at once hilarious and terribly sad. But more hilarious. And thank you philly.com for coming through for me.

Man, I should be a writing teacher or something. Or maybe I should stop reading articles on the internet and actually do some work that pertains to my real job. Whatever.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger