Everything is wrong with me
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
 
attention New Yorkim
I don't mean to sound all super cool and hipster on you guys, but Ted Leo and The Pharmacists are playing this evening at 6pm at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square. Since I've listened to "Timorous Me" about 600 times in the past three days, I hope to go, but it's at 6, so I don't know if I'll be able to leave work that early. Crap.

Ted Leo fucking rocks. If you're looking for something to do, you should definitely check it out (it's free!). It's the exactly the music I would make, if I were much more talented and much more cool and much, much less chubby. Also, I love the falsetto shit, since I too have a beautiful falsetto voice. Although mine is not quite as good as his. And he's a much better guitar player. Did I mention he's thinner?

For listening material, in addition to "Timorous Me", check out "Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone", "Dial Up", "The High Party", and "Me and Mia" (from his new album, Shake The Streets, to be released today).

But seriously, you should go. And if you see a fat dude in yuppie work clothes rocking out amongst a sea of hipsters, alternatively throwing punching in the air and violently rubbing his crotch (what can I say? the music moves me), swing by and say hello. I'm not saying it'll be me, but it's nice to be friendly anyway.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger