Everything is wrong with me
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
 
Stop everything you're doing and purchase these two things immediately
1) Saturday Night Live - The Best of Will Ferrell - Volume 2
Still no Neil Diamond skit, which is a travesty on par with the break-up of Wham! or the fact that Rod Stewart has still not been knighted by the British crown, but pretty fucking hilarious nonetheless. It includes the Terry Ganter karate skit at the end of the DVD, which one night made me laugh harder than I ever have in my life (the fact that I had smoked $40 worth of pot didn't hurt either).

2) Ray Lamontagne "Trouble"
I pimped Ray a while ago, and saw him a few months back, but finally his cd "Trouble" is released today.

Get this cd. Trust me. It's some really, really good shit. Rolling Stone calls him "the backwoods Van Morrison." I call him "a great performer with a cool beard." This is one of the reasons why I don't work for Rolling Stone.

Also, for those in NYC, he's appearing at the Housing Works Used Book Cafe on Crosby Street in Soho. Tickets are $15 are still available and can be purchased by phone. If you're looking for a good way to spend your Thursday night, this is it. I've been there for readings (god I am so fucking cultured) but never for a musical performance, but it's a pretty cool place.

And if you don't want to go for Ray, hell, I'll be there! Feel free to come by to meet me and feel an unconscionable level of disappointment, as I try but fail to make clever jokes and observations, and sweat profusely while doing so! Watch me squirm as I try to fill our awkward silences with jokes about such unfunny things as cancer and genocide, and sweat even more! And just when you didn't think it couldn't get any more awkward, be displeased and uncomfortable when at the end of the night I say to you (regardless of your sex), "So, do you wanna give me a handjob or what? I know of a Wendy's nearby that has a fairly clean restroom, and afterwards I can grab a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger and a Frosty."

These are the days of our lives my friends. The days of our lives.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger