Everything is wrong with me
Thursday, August 12, 2004
 
props to my homies in lock down
I want to give some quick props to my friend Brendan, who spent some time in the slammer this weekend.

Apparently, Brendan, who, to put it mildly, has a severe drinking problem, was at a party that was getting broken up by some of Somerville's finest when he mouthed off to a cop, was cuffed and sent to jail. Sources could not confirm what Brendan, who naked looks a lot like a nude Mr. Burns from The Simpsons, said to the cop, but we can be certain it was said in a thick Brooklyn accent and very, very slurred. My guess: "your mutha".

My friend John got him out a few hours later. He (John) later wrote to me: "You should have seen him when they let him out. He was still bombed."

So cheers to Brendan. He's taken to calling himself a "freedom fighter", but I have a more appropriate word: drunkard. So far, we've had no comment from Brendan as to whether he earned his brown wings during his short stay in jail, but anyone who knows him personally can safely assume that yes, he did. Probably many times over, and with a huge smile on his face.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger