Everything is wrong with me
Friday, August 13, 2004
 
NJ: The Gay State
I don't have much to add to this whole McGreevey thing, because it in itself is a punchline. I think my favorite part is his poor wife, standing by his side, undoubtedly all Prozaced up, doing her best to keep it together but probably thinking, "I really wish that nuclear war would start right now."

My roommate Brian, a NJ native, sent me this email as the story broke (you should know that Brian calls himself "PowersNation" - he's in between jobs and has a lot of free time):

On behalf of PowersNation, and the state of NJ, we extend our deepest sympathies to the nation, and most notably the citizens of New Jersey.

Gov. McGreevey has just resigned, admitting to a gay affair.

A(nother) piece of all Jerseyans has died today.

The state has been through enough.
But the best line comes from my buddy Steve Trusko, who wrote to me, "It shouldn't take him that long to move out of the governor's mansion - he's already got his shit packed."

Zing!



<< Home

Powered by Blogger