Everything is wrong with me
Thursday, July 22, 2004
 
[no title]
A few things:

Last night, after getting pizza (one slice plain, one slice pepperoni, one slice sausage - because I'm on a diet), I was walking out of the pizza place and who pulls up on a bike right next to me?  Why, Judge Reinhold of course!  Star of such films as Beverly Hills Cop and the incredibly entertaining and socially important Vice Versa, probably the greatest movie ever, he was apparently going for a quick ride around the Upper East Side and got parched and decided to grab a drink.  Definitely my weirdest celebrity sighting in NYC, far surpassing the time I walked past Coolio in mid-town.
 
***********************************
 
Also, last night I watched about five minutes of "Simple Life 2" and about two minutes of that show with Method Man and Redman and I couldn't take any more.  If you haven't scene the "Simple Life 2", repeat the following scene for a whole season:

Nicole Richie: "I'm a dumb, crude whore who is doing a terrific job of embarrassing my family."
Paris Hilton: [mindlessly giggling] "Man, I wish I was blowing a guy in night vision right now."
 
As for the Meth and Redman show, imagine every stereotypical black joke you can think of, then put that into the context of the stereotypical rich white neighborhood.  And, um, that's it.  What do you get?  Thirty minutes of crap.  After two minutes I had to turn it off, because I started throwing up everywhere.  Sure, that may be because we ran out of ice cream so I ate a quart of semi-frozen heavy cream, but I'm not qualified to make that determination.
 
***********************************
 
A hastily put together list of women whose singing in particular songs really turns me on (in no particular order):
- Mya in "Ghetto Superstar"
- Tiffany growling "Into the night" in "I Think We're Alone Now"
- Everything Alison Krauss sings, but in particular when she sings "Stay with me 'til time turns over" in Phish's "If I Could I Would"
- The girl who sings "Right into the ground" over and over at the end of Prince's "Little Red Corvette" (can someone tell me who this is? please?)
 
***********************************
 
From the "I Never Admit I'm Wrong" File - I admit, I'm wrong.  Moving to the Upper East Side was a HUGE (notice the caps) mistake.  I don't know what's worse: the hour long commutes, the lack of any sort of nightlife, the fact that I have no friends who live above 29th Street (and a $15 cab ride), or the fact that my building is filled with beautiful women that I can not only not talk to, but can't even get to return a smile (in fairness, my "smile" is actually me rubbing my chest and licking my lips, but c'mon - does it hurt to be friendly?).
 
Today was the first morning commute that actually got me to work on time (the first since 6/1).  My roommate Ben and I had this exchange after the "only" 40 minute train rides (read from the bottom):
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Mulgrew, Jason
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:16 AM
To: Luce, Benjamin
Subject: RE: hey

No.  Faith is for the hopeless and dumb people. 


-----Original Message-----
From: Luce, Benjamin
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:16 AM
To: Mulgrew, JasonSubject:
RE: hey

It's going to get better.  Have faith.


-----Original Message-----
From: Mulgrew, Jason
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:15 AM
To: Luce, Benjamin
Subject: RE: hey

first time on time since we've moved.
 
seriously, what a mistake.  good lord.  i HATE it.


-----Original Message-----
From: Luce, Benjamin
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:39 AM
To: Mulgrew, Jason
Subject: hey

Pretty good commute today huh?
 
.........................................

[So that about sums up my feelings.  God damn it.]



<< Home

Powered by Blogger