Everything is wrong with me
Thursday, May 27, 2004
 
three things
1) This Pistons-Pacers series is killing me. I can't ever remember watching such boring basketball. All you need to know about the series is that in last night's game, the Pistons scored 9 points in the second quarter and won. So far, the final scores have been Pacers 78 - Pistons 74, Pistons 72 - Pacers 67, and last night's 85-78 Pistons win. That reads like a college basketball game, or a shoot-out WNBA game (I'm still not ready to write about the WNBA). It's getting to the point that I'd rather watch my parents have sex for three hours than watch these games.

But I continue to do so. Because I don't have much else to do.

2) The greatest rap duet of all time (if a rap song can be called a "duet" - that seems much too much of a pussy term for a rap song) has got to be "Brooklyn's Finest" by Jay Z and Biggie. This was recorded at a time when Jay Z was a promising up-and-comer and Biggie was at the height of his powers. Also, it's got the best refrain ever: "Jay Z and Biggie Smalls make you shit your draws." That's poetry my friends.

3) So Fantasia Barrino is the new "American Idol." You better believe that when the results were announced my roommates and I were in a circle holding hands (god, I wish that wasn't actually true). Sixty-five million people voted (!!!) and chose her over Diana DeGarmo, who was just a little too chubby to be the Idol. And according to CNN.com:

[T]he governors of both states had side bets: Georgia had to send peaches to North Carolina if Barrino won, and North Carolina had to send blueberries to Georgia if DeGarmo won.
Talk about the lamest bet ever. Do you think that they had a side-side bet that the public didn't know about?

Gov of GA: "How 'bout if Diana wins, I get your wife for a week. If Fantasia wins, you get mine."
Gov of NC: "Well hell, why don't we just swap 'em for a week anyway?"
Gov of GA: "Mike, you're a genius."
Gov of NC: "I know, Sonny. After all, I did graduate cum laude from North Carolina Central University School of Law, where I also served as managing editor of the Law Review."
Gov of GA: "Well, let's not forget that I earned a doctorate in veterinary medicine in 1971 from the University of Georgia and played football at UGA as a walk-on."
Gov of NC: "Let's just say we're both pretty damn accomplished men."
Gov of GA: "Agreed. So when you wanna send your wife down to Hot 'Lanta!"
Gov of NC: "Let's do this a-s-a-p!"



<< Home

Powered by Blogger