Everything is wrong with me
Monday, May 24, 2004
 
a moment for television, and the Flyers
I want to say a little something about Sunday night TV before I forget.

I don't mean to sound like Will Ferrell's impression of James Lipton (of "Inside the Actor's Studio"), but Wildboyz is changing the face of television forever. Simply put, there has not been a better show on television, nor will there ever be. The idea of giving two stoners their own show, making the half-naked (for the ladies), and putting them in exotic locations getting bit by wild animals and throwing up is brilliant. This show always delivers. Just when I thought last night's was kind of crappy, at the end Pontius farts and Steve-O throws up outside the tram thing they were riding on. Awesome.

And Sopranos? Now that's what I'm talking about. It's about time too...I was beginning to lose faith. But good stuff, and I'm really looking forward to two weeks from now.

And a word about the Philadelphia Flyers: I don't know how much longer I can take losing. Seriously, something has got to give. I don't even have words for this, but Philly really needs a championship. We have the longest drought, by far, of any city with four sports teams, having last won one in 1983 with the Sixers, when I was 4 years old.

Please. Just one. I would be so grateful, and I promise I would swear off abusing my dad's muscle relaxers forever. And by "forever", I mean "48 hours." So please, help me out.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger