Everything is wrong with me
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
 
from self-restraint comes positivity
This morning while walking to work I ran into a co-worker who happens to have the most amazing hair I've ever seen. Seriously, it's unreal. To die by suffocating in this hair would not be that bad of a death, unless some scary-ass monster was strangling you with it, because that wouldn't be good.

Anyway, I was walking behind her in awe while approaching our building, and when I finally caught up to her (at the stop light - I didn't chase her down) and we chatted, I was tempted to say, "You know, your hair could be on one of those shampoo commercials, because it's really nice."

But, realizing that I don't know this girl too well and thinking that saying that her hair should be on shampoo commercial would probably freak her out pretty good, I didn't say it.

Sure, this may not mean anything to you, but it means a lot to me. Finally, I am showing signs of growth and maturity, and I actually thought before I spoke. Usually, I'll say something that makes the other person feel uncomfortable, then say, "What? I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" which makes the situation even more uncomfortable, then I'll apologize profusely, then to make up for making an ass of myself, I'll send the woman flowers, but that makes it most weird of all, because then she thinks that I have a crush on her or I at least want to fuck her, which in most cases I do.

So I'm glad I didn't go that route.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger