Everything is wrong with me
Tuesday, March 30, 2004
 
something to read
If you are looking for something good (and short) to read, I recommend a book called "My Life in Heavy Metal" by Steve Almond (www.stevenalmond.com - a pretty cool website, with some good stories to read when you want to kill time at work and get bored of cnn or espn).

"Heavy Metal" is a collection of short stories, and man, it is goddamn f'in' good. I got it when it first came out, and every so often I'll re-read some stories I like best. It's the kind of stuff that you read and think to yourself, "Damn it - I wish I could write like that" and then you start thinking about the reasons why you can't write like that (i.e. lack of talent, lack of ambition, your impotence has destroyed your confidence, etc).

I'm looking forward to his next book, a non-fiction work about...candy. I don't even have words for this. If the book after the candy book (appropriately titled "Candyfreak") is about vodka and/or Taco Bell, well, I may have to start stalking him, which would be a first (not the stalking, but stalking a guy).



<< Home

Powered by Blogger