Everything is wrong with me
Friday, March 26, 2004
 
fucking Brits
Has anyone been following the story of the British cave explorers who got stuck in the underwater cave in Mexico? Basically, these Brits were exploring these underwater caves, which have miles and miles of caverns, when the water levels rose and they were trapped. Mexican authorities quickly learned that they were trapped, but the Brits turned down the help of the local authorities, instead preferring to wait for the Royal British Navy to come and rescue them.

Now, if my ass is trapped in an underwater cave, I don't care if the fucking Wolfman comes to my rescue - just get my ass out. Don't get me wrong - I hate Mexicans as much as the next guy, but come on.

But the story has a happy ending: the British Navy guys came and rescued them, so now they're safe (although I think the Mexicans are going to question them about what the hell they were doing there). I'm wondering what the conversation was like and how awkward it was after the rescue between the British guys who were rescued and the Mexican guys whose help they shunned:

British Cave Guy: [with heavy British accent] "Listen mate, it's nothing personal or anything..."
Mexican Rescuer Worker: [with heavy Mexican accent] "No, no senor, it's fine."
BCG: "It's just that, you know -"
MRW: "No, you don't have to explain. It's fine, really."
BCG: "Well, I just don't want you to think that I don't think you know how to do your job."
MRW: "I don't know why I would think that - oh, maybe because you'd rather wait in a cave for an extra three days and face death at any moment rather than let me rescue you? Is that why maybe?"
BCG: "Oh come on - it's just that I know that our Navy is very familiar with things like this!"
MRW: "I live here! I am familiar too!"
BCG: "Look, I'm sorry, ok? Please - let's not fight. The important thing is that everyone is safe."
MRW: "You're right. I am sorry too senor. Let us put this behind us."
BCG: "Jolly good chap. Have a good day, and thank you again."
MRW: "Yes, you too. [under his breath] Bitch."
BCG: "What was that?"
MRW: "Nothing senor. Good day."



<< Home

Powered by Blogger